Scattergun

Things are more like they are now than they ever were before.

Monday, April 11, 2005

Buttoned up weekend...

Friday: To Bar 38 in Canary Wharf for Inane's leaving do (he's going from one law firm to another. Strange boy).
He'll be up in my neck of the woods, so we're planning to become lads who lunch - money permitting.
All good fun (although wouldn't recommend the venue). Too much, in fact...

Saturday: Guess what? Yeah...

Failed to make it down the pub to watch the Grand National. Not that I minded, as I'd managed to pick a lame, scrofulous, three-legged rank outsider mule in the office sweepstake. I think it died of mange in its box before the race started or something. It's a mug's game, I'm telling you.

Headed out to the Garden Bar on Upper Street again, for another mate's birthday (didn't I do this last weekend?) - again the food was very nice and I even forced myself to some wine.

Then boosted out to Mayfair for drinks at The Grosvenor Arms (better than the review suggests) and then on with some mates to Buttoned Down Disco. It was their last night at Infinity, before this old townhouse is converted into offices. Bah. Enormous queue but we made it in the end.
Once inside I had a fantastic night - music was as eclectic and brilliant as ever.

A girl at the bar said to me, "I asked to meet Kylie Minogue but he never sorted it out". It took me a while to work out that she was referring to my Jim'll Fix It T-shirt....

We swapped Jimmy Saville requests (her's; the aforementioned Kylie, mine; to go to a wrecker's yard and crush a car into a cube - violent child that I was), debated Minogue's oeuvre (her; "Better The Devil You Know", me; "Confide In Me"), moaned about missing out on Glastonbury 2005 tickets and reminisced about Glastonbury 2004 (specifically Paul McCartney).
She and her mate were up in town for the night from the University of Kent and were both studying to be educational psychologists (there's a lot of money in it, apparently). She was very cute. And very attached. Sigh.

Danced about like a loon for the rest of the night and staggered home in the early hours.

Sunday: Laundry.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home