Scattergun

Things are more like they are now than they ever were before.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Only link...


Busy, busy, busy.
Thought-experiment for the day: how would the work group dynamic be affected were I to punch a colleague in the throat? Grr.

So, herewith, a plethora of links - Things Magazine stylee.

Have been: viewing The Londonist, thingsmagazine and The Cartoonist religiously, and now Exclamation Mark and Quiddity as well / listening to Bill Hicks galore / seeing The Writer on Hampstead Heath by former New York Apollos footballer Giancarlo Neri / eating out at the eighties tourist timewarp that is Pizza On The Park and with Lady C at Andrew Edmonds (service and winelist - fantastic, food - crap) / doing the "What Book Are You?" quiz (I am ULYSSES! Hear me roar!) / watching brilliant Corporation:Blend gigs in North London (new EP out: Chapter of Accidents) / gorging myself at the new Chocolate Society shop in Shepherd Market, Mayfair / looking at the internecine details of the Iraq conflict - the Sunni Arab Dulaimi tribe fighting al-Zarqawi's group - story here / reading Alexander McCall Smith's The Sunday Philosophy Club, Mark Gatiss's The Vesuvius Club, Mike Gayle's His 'n' Hers. Also reading the quirky and strangely engaging BigStrong online magazine / watching Lost (managed to miss the first couple of episodes owing to clashes with BBC4 and Dan Cruikshank on UKTV History but, lo and behold, repeats on the Saturday. I'm convinced the survivors - none of whom tan, smell, grow under-arm hair or need spectacles or contact lenses - are on a Dr Moreau-type secret military test island with an X-ray laser and bad robots. This theory is subject to future amendment. But I definitely want a plot-line where they argue about eating the dog). Check out the website - shades of the Donnie Darko site / finding out that I am near-as-dammit perfect boyfriend material (who knew?) / making compilations CD's that have startling numbers of unusual tracks on them viz. Tracey Ullman's They Don't Know, Falco's Rock Me Amadeus and the theme tunes to Minder, The Likely Lads and Are You Being Served?. The last one is from the great Ronnie Hazlehurst / thinking about death and how the loss of sentience and awareness occurs / blowing vast quantities of sterling at the overly trendy-clinical but sharply-stocked Green & Blue wine shop in East Dulwich - review / vaguely perturbed about the Channel 4 Flats ident filmed in the block next to my flat - seem to be what the execs visualize as "urban grimness". Probably knocked a couple of grand off the value of my domicile. Pah / giggling at a nifty bit of internet advertising from Danish Bacon, lampooning the Citröen C4 Transformer advert / reliving my youth with a nostalgic tear in my eye thanks to BBC4's Britpop Night / walking to lunch down Fleet Street listening to Mark Ronson's Ooh Wee all the time, to the point where I'm actually wondering where my 500 bitches are / there's lots more but you wouldn't like it...

Trust me.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, what a link post.

    Thanks for visiting my page. I kind of like the looks of things around here, too.

     
  • At 10:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmm. I often wonder what the consequences would be of throwing the just-poured cup of tea in my hand into the face of one of the colleagues between the kitchen and my desk. I don't know why.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home