Scattergun

Things are more like they are now than they ever were before.

Friday, June 10, 2005

Listen again...

OK, despite raving about the show in a previous post, I neglected to mention to you that Ricky Gervais, Steve Merchant and Karl Pilkington are back for a limited run on Xfm 104.9FM (they're already two weeks in, out of six) from 1 - 3pm of a Saturday.

Read the previous post for the s.p.

Check out their homepage, including very nifty animations of their show by Matt Everitt. The viral marketing people seem to like it.

Such is their power and popularity, their adoring fans are springing up all over the internet: lauding the show and Steve and Karl (great site but try later as it's exceeded its monthly bandwith. I told you they were popular...)

Ricky has his own website, including footage of him firing a champagne cork at Karl's bald, Manc head.

Catch up on the shows you have missed: Week 1 and Week 2.

Also on the radio comedy front, try The Very World of Milton Jones. Awful puns but beautifully put together and very funny.
Go to BBC Radio, click on the BBC Radio Player, select Comedy & Quizzes and then the show.

Needless to say, there's a host of other contemporary and classic comedy on there. I am now sadly hooked on I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again, Steptoe & Son and, may the devil take me and use me for a hoofscraper, After Henry.

I cannot effing believe that last one. I used to be cool, y'know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home