Scattergun

Things are more like they are now than they ever were before.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Scattergun at The Q Awards

OK, so I didn't really go to the Q Awards on Monday but Lady C and I were invited to a Q after-show party at Destino, off Piccadilly (a chum was DJing.)

The achingly hip venue was utterly rammed and full of trendy types madly rubber-necking at each other to spot famous people. I had my sights firmly fixed to collar the young ladies swirling through the crowd carrying the trays of hors d'oeuvres. Finally managed to get a good spot by the kitchen door next to the free cocktail bar and proceeded to gorge and booze myself stupid. Productive evening.

I did think I recognised a bloke who was in my philosophy tutorial group at university - until Lady C kindly pointed out to me that it was in fact one of the guys from
The Magic Numbers. Hmm.

Nattered to various types, including the chap who runs Acid Jazz records. He gave me couple of hot tips on bagsying tables and getting the staff to bring over bottles of wine. Nice bloke.

The toilet cubicles were quite busy all night. Perhaps it was something in the food.